Wednesday 3 March 2010

Thriller Task- Filming 03/03/10

Today myself and the rest of the group decided that we were going to record the rest of our footage of our film at Alex and Natasha's houses. We borrowed the appropriate equipment so that we had everything we needed for filming in both dark and light enviroments. We took with us one Sony camera, one tripod, one light, our storyboard so that we knew what scenes we needed to film and a piece of plain white paper to set the white balance before filming.

We started off by going to Alex's house first so that we could begin filming our scenes there and also so we could meet up with Natasha to travel to her house later on. We started off with filming the shots located outside of Alex's house. The first shot we filmed was outisde of Alex's house along side the stone wall using a simple panning shot on the tripod for stability. This was filmed by Charlotte whilst Alex accompanied her.

We then moved onto filming the shots of myself walking up Alex's driveway towards the house. These shots were filmed by Alex while she was accompanied by Charlotte so that she could give her input. Alex filmed a long shot of me walking towards the house while she was in front of me so that it looked like I was approaching the camera. We then moved onto filming me entering the house from the outside using a panning shot. We then swapped to filming in the inside of the house on the staircase to see me walking through the house towards the living room. Charlotte filmed this part and used a panning shot to follow me into the living room whilst using a tripod so the footage was stable.

After filming all of our footage at Alex's house, we travelled to Natasha's house to begin fiming the end of our clip. I filmed the parts of Natasha and started off by using a simple tilt shot so that we are shown Natasha for the first time in her rocking chair. I used a tripod so that the footage wasn't unstable and so the tilt would be easier to film. I then filmed the hand held part from my characters point of view as he enters the room where the cloaked figure is wating for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment